Never give up, move on

Jabir Johnson at Ilala, Dar es Salaam on February 2016
Soccer is a widespread sport in the world since its establishment. The history tells us in 1863 Laws of the Game established in England. Also football federation established in 1904 in France and the first president was a sport journalist Robert Guerin. Amazing!

When I was a child I likely to play soccer but my mum didn’t allow me to do so. I was playing secretly but after death of her in 2004 I turned to the sport without hiding.

Jabir Johnson at Tandale Primary School ground on February 2016
In 2004 I was attending high school at Tabora, in 2006 when I admitted to University of Dar es Salaam I continued to play but not professional.

In 2009 I shifted to Mbeya for the job (journalism and presenter) where I got a team to play (Mbata FC) but I didn’t make it.

In 2013 when I was in Moshi, Kilimanjaro I met with coach Hamad Haule (Kitayosce FC) who told me I can be a good player.

I asked him twice, can I? Simply because the age was gone but he replied “You can be a good player”

As he said, on July 2013 I was employed by ‘Triple A’ radio in Arusha City where every evening I used to train with Mianzini SC.

On November 2013, Mianzini SC was among the team of fourth division of Arusha City and I was playing right full back.

In 2014 I shifted to Holili in Kilimanjaro where I played fourth division of Rombo District as a right full back.

In 2015 I moved to Dar es Salaam where I was playing street soccer commonly known as ‘ndondo’ in different positions.


The photos attached, taken in February 2016 when I was in Dar es Salaam. I had a number of teams I used to play TASWA FC, Kijitonyama Veterans and Tandale-National FC. 

Tandale-National FC on February 2016 at Tandale Primary School ground

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Total Pageviews